I wasn’t always such a positive relaxed person. Trust me. Early in my career I was often stressed and always battling to reach the next goal. I was so caught up in knowing what I wanted and where I wanted to go, I forgot to enjoy the milestones and victories that came along.
To become an entrepreneur who enjoys their freedom there is a mental shift that takes place from “Living for the Future” to “Thriving in the Moment”.
We’ve all been there… Living for the future, that is.
Whether it was in a former job or a business of your own, you put your head down, gave up time with your family and evening dinners with friends, to try to get ahead so you can live the life you want to live.
But it is important to look around and be grateful for the amazing journey you are on and appreciate how far you have come. Celebrate the great things that you have accomplished. In other words, Thrive in the Moment of being who you are right now.
Yes, you will still have goals and will work hard to get there, but it will be with less stress and more fun if you enjoy the amazing journey of entrepreneurship.
So settle in and use these steps to help you enjoy the journey.
- Craft your business plan. It doesn’t have to be fancy. Just say in plain English what you want to accomplish. Don’t worry about making it perfect. You will tweak it plenty as your business grows and as you try new things.
- Break down your bigger goals into smaller bite-size pieces so you create milestones to accomplish.
- Calendar those milestones so you can work in small sprints.
- Celebrate as you hit milestones!
- Pivot and Shift the goals as needed.
Get in the habit of checking in on your progress weekly to stay on track, both in your business and also personally.
Learning to “Thrive in the Moment” means showing up and enjoying the wins as well as the losses. It sometimes means finding the silver lining in every minor thing that goes wrong and recognizing it is simply an opportunity to learn and improve. It is a “way of life” that allows you to be the best version of yourself.
Where do you “Thrive in the Moment”?
Share your favorite tricks to celebrate your business wins each and every day!